Adventures in Everyday Entertaining
Starting this week, I am going to be participating in the “Let the Inspiration In Challenge”. This was put together by Laurie at ‘A Taste of Morning‘. I love the idea of doing more with the blog “likes”, magazine clippings, internet bookmarks, and pintrest pins than just having them sit and collect dust. Inspiration is all around us and it’s time to act upon it instead of just filing it away!
Here is an outline of the challenge created by ‘A Taste of Morning’:
(1) Once a week for a month, try out something inspired by a post that you have “liked”.
(2) The category could be cooking, gardening, photography, art, fitness, wellness, travel, etc. … but nothing crazy or dangerous.
(3) Don’t necessarily attempt to duplicate what the blogger did. For example, you might make a recipe exactly as directed or you might substitute ingredients. A photograph of a bird might make you want to go out and do some wildlife photography … or even write a poem. An article about travel might inspire you to plan a vacation.
(4) When you try something out, in one of your posts acknowledge the people who inspired you and post a comment on their blog(s) to let them know. (If you don’t have a blog of your own, just post a comment.)
(5) If you find the challenge fun, do it for another month!
I am doing a slight twist on this in that I will also be gleaning some of my inspiration from physical magazines, photos, etc.
Week 1: Thirsty Planet Brewery