This is a very simple yet elegant pasta dish — perfect for entertaining a few friends or as an intimate dinner for two. The recipe combines recipe preparations from a couple other posts of mine and then makes it magical with Alton Brown’s Beurre Blanc recipe. It’s a wonderful dish for the weekend!
Shrimp Beurre Blanc with Brussels Sprouts
- Recipe for Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts (minus the balsamic vinegar)
- 6 cups hot cooked penne pasta (about 12 oz uncooked pasta)
- 1 to 2 shallots, chopped fine
- 8 oz white wine
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 1 Tbs heavy cream
- 12 Tbs unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated
Combine the shallots, white wine, and lemon juice in a saucepan over high heat and reduce to 2 tablespoons.
Add the cream to the reduction. Once the liquid bubbles, reduce the heat to low. Add the butter, one cube at a time, whisking first on the heat and then off the heat. Continue whisking butter into the reduction until the mixture is fully emulsified and has reached a rich sauce consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large serving bowl, add prepared shrimp and brussels sprouts. Pour sauce over them and toss to coat.
Garnish with parmesan cheese.