As we approach Valentine’s Day, many of us search for the perfect way to express our feelings about others. This is not just about expressing love for a significant other, but for our friends, children, parents, etc.
Say it with a fortune cookie! The edible kind? The kind you eat? No, make your own and dictate how you want to express your feelings of friendship and love! DIY fortune cookies just in time for this month’s Collectively Creative: The Lovey Dovey Edition — all put together by the lovely Kelly over at Cobwebs, Cupcakes, and Crayons. Make sure to check out the other participating blogs listed at the bottom of this post!
I learned how to make these wonderful and easy fortune cookies from Those Three Chicks, who made them as part of a Halloween hostess gift this last fall. These fortune cookies are perfect for so many holidays and occasions.
DIY Paper Fortune Cookies
1. Cut circles, measuring 4 ½ “ in diameter, out of card stock or decorative paper.
2. Wrap the paper around your finger to form a roll.
3. Using your index finger on your other hand press into the back of the roll in the center. As the roll folds grab both ends and continue to fold it.
4. Place a small dot of glue between the two sides of the fortune cookie. You could also use two-sided tape.
5. Using your fingers press the two sides together and hold until the glue sets.
6. Cut strips of paper roughly 1/2” wide x 3” long. I notched them at the ends.
7. Take the strips of white paper and write your message on one side. You can also type the messages in on the computer, print it out, and then cut the paper into strips.
8. Insert the strips in to the cookies far enough that they won’t fall out OR put a dot of glue on the end and press into the inside if the cookie. (Only use glue though if the message is short enough to read without the receiver having to try to pull the paper out.).
And make sure to check out these fantastic other blog posts that are part of Collectively Creative – The Lovey-Dovey Edition!